- Speaking of new we have quite a few new musical projects that have either made their debuts already or are debuting in the very near future. The first of which you can actually find on said youtube channel is PLEASE EXIST, a heavy indie power duo comprised of Not Rock veterans RALPH CHUDLEY and JOHN FISHER. They are currently writing and practicing a slew of songs to be recorded, released, and toured ASAP. Their debut show took place on 4/16/2010 to significant fanfare. You can view the entire set on the youtube channel mention above. You can also find them on the facebook.
- The next project should give many out there the tinglies. RUSSELL, another duo (what the?) is making there way onto the scene with haste. This group is fantastic because not only are they making incredible music but equally because they are making incredible music again. This duo reunites Mr. Ned Mears and Mr. Adam Kaniper (Who are they? Gee I don't know. They were only in bands that produced the two greatest hardcore records to ever come out of New Jersey.) in a trading off of guitar/vocal/drum duties. There's not much content up yet but leaked information tells us that they are ready to record and are booking studio time. Check them out and friend the hell out of them at http://www.myspace.com/russellaccord Get excited. Very Excited.
-That's right we're not done yet. You may recall their debut from the Not Rock X-mass compilation but if not another budding project called LOST WAX is ready to bloom with a record or so in the near future. This duo (I know another! What the hell!) is comprised of Anna and Adam (of Insouciant fame) and is hard at work recording some of the billion songs they have and although not much has been released for the world's ears to hear yet if this http://lostwax.bandcamp.com/ is any indication of what is in store for us then we are in for a real treat my friends. Give it a listen and also friend the hell out of them http://www.myspace.com/lostwaxmusic while your at it because this is one musical endeavor your going to want to pay attention to.
- The final musical project should really need no introduction but for any of you fools out who are not familiar with Bryan Kwasnik myspace.com/bryankwasnik take this opportunity to give a listen now. Bryan has been busy lending his talents to playing in Insouciant and recording various projects including the bulk of the Not Rock X-Mass Compilation. However it seems a few of you out there don't know that he is one hell of a songwriter. Over the past couple of years he has self released two albums of catchy, youthful, nostalgic indie rock (I'll fist fight anyone who doesn't think SLEEPYHEAD would be perfect on any mixtape.) and in the coming months he is about to drop not one but TWO MORE! That's right TWO BRAND NEW BRYAN KWASNIK RECORDS ARE ON THE WAY! For the love of whatever you may love, check this kid out because in a couple years you'll want to be one of those people who can say I got those records when they first came out and I went to see him way back when before he was the next indie rock king.
- Another very important piece of news is in regards to that band that Bryan is in: Insouciant. Over the past couple of years Insouciant has accomplished a lot. Last spring they dropped two records in one day. A proud accomplishment that took a lot of time, effort and at times definitely took it's toll on the members. They've had their ups and downs and their evolutionary process has be an interesting and sometimes complex one. No matter what the obstacle they always seemed to have persevered. Adaption has always been key with this group no matter who was involved. No matter how hard the struggle Insouciant always seems to step up their game. You always could expect them to knock it up a notch the next time around no matter what they were pouring their hearts into. Thats why it breaks our heart know that in the coming months INSOUCIANT, a band that seems to have always been there when you needed them, WILL BE RELEASING THE BEST DAMN RECORD OF THEIR CAREER! I'm sorry did I say breaks? I meant swells with joy. Their new record entitle DRESSER has seven of the finest songs in their catalogue and despite the fact that there are only seven we would still like to view it as a full length because it's actually a hair longer than the previous record and the last track is quite epic in proportion. They are very proud of this album and can't wait for you to hear it. Look for more updates very soon about INSOUCIANT DRESSER NR-026 http://www.myspace.com/insouciantmusic
- In closing I would just like to say thank you to anyone who takes any time to read these posts or to check out any of these bands. As stated above 2010 belongs to Not Rock and we intend to show you just that. Mind you there were quite a few things that we're mentioned in this post but that is not nearly all that is going on at Not Rock. Those are just simply some of the big things to expect in the very near future. There are still many other things in the works. Projects of both past and present continue to gestate and develop as you read these words so don't be too surprised if many more great things surface as the year progresses. Until then go to some shows, support independent music and independent art in general. Make some of your own and be on the look out for great things from your friends here at NOT ROCK RECORDS. Thanks again.
- John Thomas Fisher
Co Prez Not Rock Records